Sunday, September 21, 2008

Thank God For The Memories



This is my wonderful beautiful Mother. Jackie Ruth Marrow,most of you know that in December of 2003 we suffered the loss of my mom. She was sick for a long time with COPD and then the last 7 months of her life she suffered from stage 4 Bone Cancer this was very hard on her body and even though she was never a big women I sat and watched her body dwindle down to a whole 72 lbs. I never dreamed I would be 30 y/o and not have a mother this is by far the hardest thing I have ever had to go through. However with that being said I do believe everything has a purpose. I believe that God allowed her to suffer so greatly that when the time came for her death that we would be ready to let her go. I do not believe that anyone should have to watch that for long. Jesus suffered on the cross so why should we be any different. God bless those who go quickly. Recently Cortney and I were lying in the bed thinking about her and we came to the conclusion that we could not remember the sound of her voice and that just broke my heart. I do remember the things that she said and done. So I am very thankful for the memories we had some good years and I would not trade them for nothing in the world. She has showed my children how to do so many things that as a mother I probably would never had taken the time to do. She always said that when you know you are dying its amazeing how your priorities change. It is a shme that we have to be dying to realize that. As Christmas rolls around one more year and Christmas Eve never being the same Gos has replaced those sad memories with new good ones. We have new babies in our life like Nevaeh and one more on the way. Due on December 21st the day my mother died how weird is that. well enough of that. I love you momma and even though I may not remember your voice your words and actions will always be remembered.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Cherish those memories and post them so that your future generations will have it.

Miss Joy and Sunshine said...

I think her voice is in you...and you will hear it when she knows you need it most...and it will sound sweeter than you could possibly remember. By the way...I am tearful now...luv ya sista

Misty said...

I see now where you get your beauty!!